Sunday, August 7, 2016

Choosing a direction

There is so much to learn it can be overwhelming to know where to go next, The myriad of directions leaves you sometimes going in none. Option overload...

Should I polish my blender skills?
Should I continue to study blueprints?
Should I practice importing meshes and textures?
Should I build a sample scene?
Should I write some C++ and see how it hooks into the engine?
Should I build some materials?

The list goes on and on...

I generally know what I need to do but I am afraid if I try to hit the ground running with too little tool knowledge I will handicap myself by doing something the wrong/hard way.

I'm sure other game developers feel this way too. I could spend a year just learning tools inside and out and that would leave me without any progress on my game.

I think I am going to spend the day brushing up on my blender skills. I've done a ton of blender work in the past but I've noticed my second nature keystrokes have gotten rusty. I need that 3D modelling back in working order. Building meshes quickly and getting them into Unreal is very important for a 1 man shop like myself.


1 comment:

  1. It's hard to choose, but if it were me i'd choose blender skills. :P

    ReplyDelete