Thursday, July 10, 2014

Substance : Texture Painting and Transforms


Substance Training Continued

I played with Substance for a few hours yesterday following along with the tutorial videos.

I did a few more things to my pottery texture:

1. fixed the normal blend to actually use a normal blend node (you can now see the High to Low mesh mapping much better which is the horizontal and vertical ridges)

2. Added an Oculus Logo and transformed it to fit onto the face of the pottery

3. Added a dirt paint layer. This is different than a dirt effect applied to a bake. I haven't seen how to do that yet.

4. Added procedural cracks

This isn't really what I want this to look like in the end but it allows me to play with all the features of Substance as I watch the training videos.

Substance Material

Resulting Pottery

No comments:

Post a Comment