Sunday, August 20, 2017

Vive Controller Jitters

Vive Controller Jitters


Well, I discovered something new last night. I didn't know exactly what it was until I did some experimentation.

If you move your character past coordinate 100,000 or so in any direction, the controller starts to shake. It continues to get worse as you go past that. Lets just say at 9,000,000, it is very painful.

I suppose unreal never noticed this since most people build VR games within a tiny play space.

This means I will need to keep re-positioning  the player within 100,000 Unreal coordinate space. I can build the world beyond that but the player needs to stay within there. This is doable based on the way I construct the world, but I've got to rewrite some code I thought was finished...

No comments:

Post a Comment