Monday, August 14, 2017

New VR Title Underway

I've been coding a new Vive Room-scale VR game for the last few months using Unreal 4. When I am finished, all game code will be in C++. All of it is currently in C++ except teleportation which I will be rewriting in C++ in the next few weeks.

I've been in the planning phase for it for over a year.

I have solved the infinite sized world problem with no stutter, no load times, teleport meshes, dynamic lighting and sounds. It also allows a user to customize scene complexity based on the speed of their machine. This game will be able to scale up to hardware that doesn't exist yet.

Here is a sample screen shot of a maze I put together this weekend using the framework:

I expect this game to take 2-4 years to complete. Being a one man team doing this in my off hours means things take time to complete.

1 comment:

  1. HTC Vive 1.5 VR Headset Standard Kit in UAE, Black VR Headset Standard Kit in UAE, VR Headset Standard Kit in UAE
    https://pcdubai.com/htc-vive-1/
    HTC Vive 1.5 VR Headset Std Kit in UAE, Safe Shopping Multiple Payment Options Express Delivery PC Dubai Moneyback Guarantee.
    1634101550791-10

    ReplyDelete