Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sneak Peak Stacks Hub Demo

 Preview - 02/16/2014

I have been working diligently to pull everything together for my Ready Player One Stacks demo. I still have a lot of work to do, but my entrance area is pretty solid.

I thought I'd get something out there in the mean time.

This is the hub where you will start in the final game. It can take you to the stacks and other areas that unlock as the game progresses. The links are disabled at the moment.

I have included several of the models from the stacks as display items. I have also included a small object using a yellow variant of my matrix material. The final matrix level of the full game is awesome. You're gonna love it.

I have also left on 3 features of the game: the flash light, running & high jumping. I will leave it to the player to figure out how to enable them. There will eventually be a hud to display the jump height. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

If you want to fast run & jump you will need to use a keyboard & mouse (the final game will support the wireless game controller). Standard keyboard movements (wasd).

There is a secret area. It shouldn't be hard to find :)

This project does have the approval of Ernest Cline. The final product will be free and I'm working to get it done as soon as possible. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy my sneak peak.





If you run into any issues, find the secret item or have any comments, feel free to leave them here. I realize this is a tiny demo but I wanted to work through the process of producing a UDK installer for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment