Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Museum of the Microstar


May 29th, 2013

Museum of the Microstar is an exhibition of the future. You teleport into it and are guided through a series of exhibits on energy sources culminating in a contained star.

The Microstar dominates the exhibit and it quite spectacular. My biggest beef with the simulation is that the frame rate was not fast enough. This may not sound like a big deal, but it is a big deal. When the VR can't keep up with your movement it is jarring and I'm still feeling a bit disoriented even after only 10 minutes in the Museum.

The other thing that was annoying was you are stuck in position for the first 30 seconds or so of the simulation as you are given an introduction. This is fine the first time but on a second visit you just want to speed past it and you can't.

I recommend you see it, but I don't think I'll be returning.

You can find it here:
http://rustltd.com/news/adventures-in-virtual-reality

No comments:

Post a Comment