Wednesday, April 15, 2020

New game underway



Since the summer of 2017 I have been working part time on a game written in C++ using the UE4 engine (see above).

I recently played thru Half-Life Alex and it has became apparent that UE4 is lacking. I have stopped development and turned all my attention to learning how to write a game engine. I purposely wrote the game with no levels built in UE4 and no scripting in UE4.

It may be unrealistic to swap out UE4 for my own engine but I'm going to give it a shot. Even if I fail I expect I will learn a ton.

I am following the game engine series by "The Cherno". This guy is incredibly knowledgeable. I have decided to become a Partner Patreon member and are diving deep into all his videos.

OpenGL is the current series I am starting

3 comments:

  1. November 4, 2021 • Companies from Mondelēz to McDonald's are raising prices to offset higher costs for transportation and because of labor and other problems along the supply chain. November 5, 2021 • The company said that it will likely lose more money than it had expected in fiscal year 2022. Peloton has thrived during the pandemic, driven by people who set up places to work out at home.INDIANAPOLIS — With Indiana’s state tax collections surging, a top Republican legislator is looking at possible significant changes to the state sales tax and cutting property taxes for some businesses. U.S. stocks pushed further into record heights on Friday following an encouraging report on hiring across the country. The S&P 500 closed higher, clinching an all-time high for the seventh straight day. TACOMA, Wash. — Three Black women who work for the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department have filed a lawsuit against the county alleging a long-standing pattern of discrimination, harassment and retaliation against minority employees. The Biden administration's sweeping new COVID-19 mandate will apply to 84 million workers at mid-size and large companies. https://albertdmenzel.wixsite.com/website-1/

    ReplyDelete

  2. Great Post! Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us.

    Please keep sharing.

    Please visit VR Games Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  3. We appreciate you sharing with us this fantastic game information. Additionally, go to Metavurx VR right away if you want to try out other games like virtual reality games!

    ReplyDelete